The Volkswagen California, the only VW campervan in the world that has been designed and built by Volkswagen themselves in Germany. If you have found yourself reading this, you will have already realised that the California is the ultimate campervan, clever design, premium materials and system integration that makes it unique.
The vehicle we have here is very special, one owner from new and possibly the most well kept California on the market.
Lets start with its extensive factory specification.
2.0BiTDI 180PS DSG 4MOTION BMT
Natural Grey Metallic Paint
18” Bi-Colour Dakar Alloy Wheels
• Laminated glass in Cab
• Privacy glass in passenger compartment
• Leather multi-function steering wheel
• Auto-dimming rear view mirror
• RNS 510 Satellite Navigation with DAB+
• 3 Zone ‘Climatronic’ Air Conditioning
• Bluetooth Premium
• Awning in Black
• Comfort Mattress
• Magnetic Flashlight
• Heavy duty stabilisers
• Towbar preparation
• Bi-Xenon headlights, LED daytime running lights, headlight washer system, heated front washer jets with washer fluid indicator
• Parking sensors front and rear
• Media-in with USB adapter cable
• Cold water shower connection
• Multi-function display premium, colour TFT display in instrument cluster
• Storage Pack, additional drawer in bench seat and storage net
• Mudflaps front and rear
Dealer fitted extras when new:
• Sportline lowering springs
• Stainless steel side rails
Highlights of standard spec:
• Heated front seats
• Programmable parking heater with remote control
• Power latching tailgate and side door
• Electrically folding and heated door mirrors
• Front fog lights with cornering function
• Double glazed rear side windows and tailgate
• Cruise Control
• Auto lights and wipers
Alongside this phenomenal factory spec, it was also treated from new with paint protection film to the vulnerable areas of the front end. This ultra tough clear film is almost invisible but protects from abrasion and stone chips that inevitably occur from use. This was applied to the bonnet, door mirror caps, upper front roof panel, headlights and fog lights, further to the exterior protection, internally the glass hob top and fridge cover and slide out table were all protected from new. All of the internal floors and rear side panels have been protected from new and present in flawless condition.
As you would expect from the description so far, the rest of the vehicle is in pristine condition, the paintwork has only ever been carefully hand washed and treated with Gtechnic products, it retains a deep gloss and still looks like new. All four wheels were replaced by Volkswagen 18 months ago and are unmarked, the side rail brackets were black powder coated for longevity and the underside was cleaned and treated with clear Dinitrol high performance wax at an approved Dinitrol centre.
This rare four wheel drive California is no ordinary example, it has been cherished from new used by a couple, no children or pets and non-smokers. It has a full service history with a recent cambelt and water pump done on schedule. It will be supplied with a premium motorhome warranty for six months, this is extendable up to 36 months, various funding options are available so please get in touch if you would like to discuss this.
We have years of experience with Volkswagen California, so a full detailed handover will be given. They are sophisticated vehicles and we only send owners on their way when all operational features have been explained and demonstrated. We want you to love your California as much as we do, so are always happy to help and give advice when needed.